Sunday, May 22, 2011

Passion Takes Hold

I've always liked cake decorating.  Ever since my children were born I've always made them birthday cakes.  I've made a bunny, a teddy, a steam engine, a pirate ship - just to name a few.  This may sound impressive, but the truth is that they were pretty basic cakes.  I bought books on cake decorating, and read them from cover to cover, but I was always too afraid to try making all the beautiful cakes I drooled over.  I was fascinated by fondant-covered cakes, but when my first attempt to cover a fruit cake about 6 years ago went awry, I never tried it again.

Then something happened.  I accidentally tuned into a cake decorating competition on TV, and was riveted.  I watched those talented professionals decorate the most incredible cakes and something inside me said, "You can do that!".  So I mustered up all my courage, spent a fortune on cake decorating equipment, and went for it. 

This blog is a record of the results of my decision to try my hand at cake decorating.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment